Supported Independent Living (SIL) is help and / or supervision of daily tasks to help participants live as independently as possible, while building their skills. It involves paid personal supports and is most commonly used in shared living arrangements.
Anzac House, Maroubra
Anzac House is a supported disability accommodation facility managed by Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA). Meditech Staffing provide all supports required by clients.
All residents have equal status within the house and the support needs of one resident do not take priority over the support needs of other residents – except in an emergency situation.
The house includes four bedrooms with a large open shared living space and kitchen.
Each room has its own bathroom. There are currently three residents with one vacancy available.
VACANCY: Unit in Anzac House, Maroubra
A unit is available in our four-bedroom group home, Anzac House, based in Maroubra.
Our rooms and facilities are suitable for a person with a spinal cord injury (SCI) or a similar physical disability. The house has been modified to allow access to the front and rear of the property, widened doorways, space underneath bench tops in the kitchen and is open comfortably enough to wheel underneath, as well as accessible ensuites to each bedroom that includes a hobless shower.
- Building: Single storey
- Ceiling Hoist
- Wide doorframes
- Wide pathways
- Air conditioning
- Compatible to Environmental Control Units (ECU)
- Secure backyard
- Outdoor living / entertainment area
- Undercover access from parking to property
- Shared Living
- Storage for personal equipment
- Built-in robe
- Direct access to yard / courtyard / garden
- Private fully equipped ensuite / bathroom for disability support
- Private living space
- Private kitchenette
- Shared living space
- Shared kitchen
- Shared laundry
- Registered SDA: Yes
- SDA Category: High physical support
- Stay Duration: Permanent
- SDA Provider: Spinal Cord Injuries Australia
- SIL Provider: Meditech Staffing
What is Nearby:
- Transport: Bus stop at the front door
- Shopping: Close to Westfield and other shopping areas
- The applicant must have a spinal cord injury, or similar disability and require a high level of personal care and daily living assistance
- Have current and ongoing need for accommodation support
- Have an NDIS plan with a provision for Supported Independent Living (SIL) funding included. Note: A request to supply reports may be required to seek eligibility for SIL funding, therefore candidate should already have relevant supports (i.e. Support Coordinator or active LAC) in place
- Applicant must be able to supply own equipment and is responsible for the maintenance of that equipment
- A copy of the candidate’s care needs assessment is required. Note: The house operates under an existing SIL care model and the successful applicant would need to be part of this arrangement
- Large bedroom that allows for single or king single bed with sufficient circulation space
- Large ensuite with ‘wheel in’ hobless shower
- Separate living area with kitchenette and wall mounted air conditioning unit
- Shared main kitchen, living and dining areas, and shared laundry.
- Limited parking available onsite
- Anzac House is a supported living option for a person with high level support needs.
- 24 hours of care is provided at the home, where residents will self-direct their care
Applicant should require personal care at a similar level to that of the other residents. An existing NDIS funded care arrangement is already in place, therefore successful applicants should be prepared to use the current care model, including care provider.
If you would like to know more about the house or to apply, please call us on 02 9764 4488 or email us at email@example.com